Job Opportunities for Students & Alumni
job opportunities for students & alumni
Post-Grad Assignments in Transmission & Distribution Infrastructure Research Area
The EPRI Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure (TDI) Team would like to engage baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degree candidates in annual contracts to support ongoing research, demonstration and deployments. The TDI research portfolio includes asset analytics, asset management, overhead and underground lines, substations, cyber security and information communication technology.
The EPRI program is open to candidates with US citizenship and residency. An annual contract will be put in place with an option to extend for a further year. The contracts include benefits and renumeration is dependent on qualification level. The duration of the employment is one year with a possible extension being offered at the end of the term. Candidates with engineering, science and analytics degrees are preferred.
EPRI research is addressing numerous industry issues including, wildfire detection and mitigation, aging of T&D assets, monitoring of T&D assets, undergrounding, resiliency, and electromagnetic threats to mention a few. More information can be obtained from www.epri.com.
The candidates will support the EPRI Team in performing research in several areas including:
- Advanced data analytics to aid in the management of utility T&D infrastructure.
- Development, testing and implementation of advanced monitoring technologies. This includes
- mechanical, electronic and software testing and development.
- High voltage testing
- Asset forensics and failure analysis
- Asset management Engineering Co-Op Student (Summer 2022 – Raleigh, NC)
- Corrosion management of aging assets.
- Distribution Automation
- Power System Protection and control
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) modeling and testing (U.S. citizenship required)
- Cyber Security for Utility Power Systems
Depending on the area in which the candidates will perform research and the nature of the work, three work locations are possible (but there may be flexibility in location):
- Knoxville, TN
- Charlotte, NC
- Lenox, MA
Interested candidates can apply at the following links:
Questions can be forwarded to Elliott Holman (firstname.lastname@example.org)