NEW! Post-Grad Assignments in Transmission & Distribution Infrastructure Research Area
The EPRI program is open to candidates with US citizenship and residency. An annual contract will be put in place with an option to extend for a further year. The contracts include benefits and renumeration is dependent on qualification level. The duration of the employment is one year with a possible extension being offered at the end of the term. Candidates with engineering, science and analytics degrees are preferred.
EPRI research is addressing numerous industry issues including, wildfire detection and mitigation, aging of T&D assets, monitoring of T&D assets, undergrounding, resiliency, and electromagnetic threats to mention a few. More information can be obtained from www.epri.com.
Advanced data analytics to aid in the management of utility T&D infrastructure.
Development, testing and implementation of advanced monitoring technologies. This includes
mechanical, electronic and software testing and development.
High voltage testing
Asset forensics and failure analysis
Corrosion management of aging assets.
Power System Protection and control
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) modeling and testing (U.S. citizenship required)
Cyber Security for Utility Power Systems
Questions can be forwarded to Elliott Holman (email@example.com)
Energy Order Management Intern (Charlotte, NC)
Analyzing complex data sets from existing information in the ERP system (SAP). Will take responsibility for analyzing master data sets, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. Keen to learn and has a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools ie. MS Excel.
- Analyze complex data sets of ‘On Time Delivery’ dates pulled from SAP into MS Excel by creating automation formulas ie. macros, vlookup, pivot table creations etc.
- Propose methods of effective reporting of large amount of raw data with minimum of effort. Transform data into graphs and tables.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily reviewed by stakeholders
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets
- Collaborating with Organizational colleagues to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Creating appropriate documentations that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary
- Supports & responds to requests from other Service Order Management Team Members and attend team meetings
- Be flexible and willing to adjust responsibilities to align with developing business needs
- Adhere to all Siemens Environment, Health and Safety Guidelines
- Timely response within given tight timeframes
- High accuracy of data output
- Optimization of reporting methods
- Drive timely input from all stakeholders
- Identification of process shortfalls to enable fast counter measures
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of Junior Level college student towards a BS in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related fields (mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Extensive MS Excel experience including macro and pivot creation, good MS standard software knowledge
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP) would be beneficial but isn’t required
- Experience with Visual basic knowledge would be beneficial but isn’t required
- Very good communication skills, Networking skills, attention to details, and autonomous work habits
- Basic understanding of KPIs (Key Performance Indicator)
- No travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Fluent in English (written/verbal)
- Communication – demonstrate ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups, both verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
- Creativity – generate original ideas, encourage new ways of thinking, explore options, and develop innovative solutions.
- Energy – have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast paced environment
- Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes.
- Organization & Planning – manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
- Results Orientation – maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals. Motivated by customer needs, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
- Self-Discernment – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving shortfalls
- Team Player
E-Mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Efficiency Auditor (work study)
Approximate Hours Per Week: 20
Class Level: Senior
Minimum Grade Point Average: 3.0
Accounting and Budget Manager
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
If you are interested in having a positive impact on EnergyUnited members/customers through managing accounting and budgeting for our cooperative, we’d like to meet you! The Accounting Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing programs that will achieve the corporate objectives in the financial areas assigned the department and meet department and system standards. The perfect candidate will be an individual with a good attitude towards customers and other employees and a passion for accounting and budgeting. This position is exempt as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended.
Normal Day-to-Day Work • Supervise the day to day operations of the Accounting staff, both electric and propane. • Analyze the financial accounting activities of the cooperative to assure that all financial activities are carried out using generally accepted government accounting procedures and RUS guidelines. • Lead the efforts to close out monthly records and preparation of monthly and annual financial statements. • Assure the cooperative receives maximum benefits from short-term cash investments. • Provide monthly analyses of all balance sheet accounts. • Provide outstanding customer service to the department’s customers/clients. • Promote employee dedication and loyalty by participation in company sponsored functions. • Give open and positive support to all management decisions and actions taken. • Lead the process of preparation of the annual Electric budget as well as assist with Propane’s. • Communicate with users of cost and general accounting services on a regular basis to assure that their needs are being met and that the quality of the service equals or exceeds expectations. • Analyze the activities of the cost and general accounting section. • Collect information to prepare the annual budget. • Prepare and submit RUS/CFC loan applications, executes loan documents and request loan finds as needed. • Obtain and control the cost of banking services. • Prepare or direct the preparation of budget variance analyses for capital expenditures, operating expenses and any other financial reports requested by management and other users. • Assure that all required government reports are submitted accurately and on a timely basis. • Prepare audit working papers prior to the annual financial audit and is responsible for coordinating any other finance related audits. • Provide technical assistance to district offices or other departments in areas relating to financial, cost control or budget matters. • Liaison for software and database installations and coordinator of data extraction. • Plan and execute financial activities and analysis of the cooperative in such a way as to assure accurate and timely executables to meet the needs of the cooperative.
Job Qualifications - Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position. • Graduate of an accredited 4-year college with a degree in computer science, business administration, accounting or equivalent. • Post graduate education preferred but not required. • CPA or equivalent desired. • Successful completion of RUS Borrowers’ Accounting course within a reasonable time after employment is required if no prior RUS experience. • Three to five years’ experience in accounting with supervisory/managerial experience preferred. • Be a self-starter with a positive, open mind and considerate attitude. • Be able to retain information of a confidential nature. • Have ability to implement work plans, make sound decisions from observations and carry out instructions. • Possess superior mathematical abilities. • Possess a thorough knowledge of modern data processing and be abreast of the latest developments in the field. • Be fully proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Access. • Be available for work during adverse weather conditions when necessary. • This position is classified as a "Headquarters or Non-Direct Operational" position. Domicile must be within one of the nineteen counties served by the Cooperative or within a 40 (forty) road mile radius to any EnergyUnited EMC office.
E-Mail resumes to email@example.com
Steam Turbine Manufacturing Intern
Year of Study: Minimum requirement - Junior
Weekly Working Duration: 40 hours per week (M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm)
Assignment Schedule/Duration: Starting Summer 2021 with potential to continue part time during the school semester(s)
For CNC Programming:
Develop and maintain access or excel database for tooling
Pull tool numbers needed for programming CNC machines. Research and order tools needed for CNC machines.
Make tool numbers for spare parts for tooling
Creating CNC program Library
Time studies for machining
For Manufacturing Engineering:
Transfer knowledge/best practices to process procedures or specifications to support shop floor activities
Assist with continuous improvement projects, which may include creating collecting data, creating charts/reports, and creating presentations
To apply, send your resume to Hynek Lettang at both of the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Our EPIC Affiliates member, Pike Enterprises, is looking for a student or graduated senior with an interest in Renewables, EPC, and/or Project Management to work on an array of project and construction management associated tasks. This role even has the potential to become a full-time position. Details are listed below: